www.Onlinepokerads.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go Back To The Main SiteHomeLatest imagesChat RoomSearchRegisterLog in
Carbon Poker Bonus

100% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $600
  Plus  Private  Freerolls.

Poker Host Bonus

PokerHost Bonus

150% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $750

your  bonus  now.

FeltStars Bonus

150% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $750

to get your bonus now.

Cake Poker Bonus

110% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $600

Poker Stars Bonus

100% Deposit  Match Bonus worth up to $600 Plus Private Freerolls.

Sign  up  HERE and use marketing code psp7294 and bonus code stars600 to get your bonus now.

Bodog Poker Bonus

Bodog Poker Bonus

110% Deposit Match Bonus of up to $1,100 Plus  Private  Freerolls.

to get your bonus.

Red Star Poker Bonus

110% deposit match bonus of up to $600 plus OnlinePokerAds Freerolls.

888 Poker
888 Poker Logo

Canadian players can play online poker with 888poker and win BIG.

Also, everyone gets $8 Free just for signing up with 888 Poker.

MTT Strategy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DEMON_MK

DEMON_MK

Poker Points : 115

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:21 am

Whats your MTT Strategy:

1.Whats your card range at a beginning of the tournament?

2.How do you play depending on your position?

3.How are you playing in middle of the tournament?

4.How do you play before and after the bubble?

5.How do you play Heads Up?

6.Whats your playing stile? ( maniac, rock, etc. )

I just wanted to hear what you all think about all of this questions i have many more but this is good to begin with...

Good Luck at the tables ladies and gentlemen

DEMON<=== Please Help Me Im A FISH<===A BIG ONE
Back to top Go down
twinkyninja

Poker Points : 250

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:37 am

Crikey man,

You want all the secrets dont you hahahhaha.

Is this a serious question. Because I change gears depending on the circumstances and type of game.

Steve

P.s I also pick on people I know that try and win hands with poor pre flop betting.
Back to top Go down
DEMON_MK

DEMON_MK

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Hey Steve
...i just wanted to see what you guys think about all of this just wanted to exchange opinions and all that staff...

well u change gears depending of the other players how they play and how many chips they have copared to you well thats the way i do it Razz and theres also your table image how have you have you playd a hand before and that helps when you are bluffing Razz

and Steve i posted this just to see the answers and improve my game
Back to top Go down
twinkyninja

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:51 pm

ok, heres my personal answers.....

This relates to MTT only.......

1. I will play almost any 2 cards at the beginning when blinds are like 10/20. But only if i can LIMP, I will play prime hands accordingly, I will not be agressive after the flop unless im prime and in position. Other than that, luck is also a part of the game.

2. I dont start playing "full" position cards until the blinds are 50/100 or there abouts. But I am prepared to try my luck and gamble in moderation are lower levels.

3. Middle of the tournament, position is everything, so is betting strategy. Dont let idiots with small suited connectors etc limp. Use your position and make them really think about your play. Develop a table image, it will come in handy as the blinds increase.

4. Before the bubble, I use position and take a lot of blinds and dead money. I dont care if I bubble, I am there to win. After the bubble I tighten up, small stacks will go donkey for alittle while and push with just about any A or K, it is very dangerous to play against them considering you have just done all the hard work.

5. Heads up depends on the person you are playing, they generally are agressive with any 2 cardes higher than J10 or any pair, play it as you see it and feel it. An Ace is always an ace. Watch there stack, if you are a little weak you dont want to raise to much and put them in, control the pot.

6. Playing style depends on the game, whos on the table. there are some players who are crazy, I like to give them some space. Others are very tight, I like to torture them. It would also depend on the time between levels, short levels means you must be prepared to play a wider variety of hands or be more agressive. You dont want to blind or ante out.

Ok hows that Demon lol.

Steve
Back to top Go down
DEMON_MK

DEMON_MK

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:35 am

lol...

...Thank you Steve for sharing and this what i think about all of this: Smile

1.We are doing the same thing... Smile thats good...if have a chance to limp with cards that look good to me ill do that if i hit a monster or just a good draw ill will see how is everyone playing...like for ex. if i hit a monster and theres a bet like 4 or 5 times the BB and there are 1 or 2 callers i will raise i dont mind if i end the hand at that time if i get a call thats even better for me Smile....if i have a good draw ill look at my chips stack and the pot if the odds are good ill call if the bet is to big i dont mind folding but if the actual raiser is a maniac i will simply call or maybe go all in

2.Hmmm about this one well i always want to be in a position where i want to be...if im in mid poss ill will put some pressure on the players that are in early poss of course if i like the flop...early i will just limp if theres some aggressive players if not im gone make a raise

3.Middle of a tournament it all depends of my chips stack if i have more then 30BB ill will just play small pots and build my chips stack and play big pots with monsters...and with less then 15BB well the donkey comes out from time to time XD but ill do that with position and if they fold 2-3 times im gone show after the 3rd time because im not got get junk cards the whole time but this is actually hard to do and you need a lot of lucky to make this work

4.Before the bubble i want always to steal the blinds if i have a nice chip stack but if i have a small stack patience is the most important thing and try to double up, after it well the first few minutes im gone play tight because people like to loosen up at that time.

5.Heads up i will play aggressive a lot i will play with any of the top 40% of the cards i will put a lot of pressure steal the blinds try to read him whats his card range how he bets when he has something and all that and play hands the way i want to play not the way how he wants to play Smile

6.And playing stile i was a really aggressive player some time ago but now its all about how the table goes but the aggression comes back from time to time and im going crazy lol but the good thing about that i read all the players soooo good at that time lol...it happens sometimes im gone tell them what they have and if they hit that at the turn im gone get a free river Smile

...so Steve what do you think about all of this tell me you opinion i really want to know

P.S This is to all the others that will read this make a comment what do you all think about all of this or make a post about your own MTT or Cash or Sit N Go strategy i will look it up and tell you what i like or dislike about it :p

DEMON

headbang
Back to top Go down
twinkyninja

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:11 pm

Wow bro, i dont want to say what I think I might offend you.

But re assess item 3

Steve
Back to top Go down
DEMON_MK

DEMON_MK

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:48 pm

lol its not gone offend me dont worry about it Very Happy tell me what do you think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
twinkyninja

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:10 pm

I just dont think30bb's is enough in a MTT mid tourney. You start limping and playing a few small pots and dont hit or your not running good, well you stack quickly looks like 15-20bb's.

We have all heard the 10BB shove rule, but online I find people will tend to shove 15-22 bb's.

If I have 30bb's and have desided I have the hole cards to play a pot mid tourney I would generally raise 5 bb's from a good to mid position. Bad position push. If i wake up with a monster i will do the standard 3bb's.

I personally think mid tourney is the time to build, most of the donkeys are gone, later in the tourney there will be many bleed out players that will push. You need to be in a position to call without hurting yourself.

I dont know if that makes any sense, but no way in hell will I ever play "a small pot". I dont want limpers or callers, I am happy with the blinds and antes, but if I get called, I want 1 players 2 max.

Steve
Back to top Go down
twinkyninja

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:11 pm

item 2, yes i do the same, i let agressive players get all nasty on my ass, until the turn/river area. Then I give them a quick bitch slap and see what they want to do.

Steve
Back to top Go down
DEMON_MK

DEMON_MK

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:08 pm

ty bro im gone tell you what i think later im playing now on PlayersOnly the OFC 500$ are you playing this one???
Back to top Go down
DEMON_MK

DEMON_MK

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:36 pm

ok im back

...so well about the 30BB thing is the min amount to 25BB im gone w8 for a good hand coz there are some players still that will be with 10-15-20BB that will push any Ace-X so i can w8 for a better hand for 3 or 4BB that will pass me but if i see a blind steal opportunity ill take it Very Happy

... ok about the 10BB shove for me is 15BB max. coz i dont want to make my stack to be a easy call for the big chips stacks Smile

sry if said something wrong im writing this in a rush :S

and Steve if u like can u make a post about Sit`N`Go strategy if you like...i really want to see what do you think about that coz iv started to play a lot of Sit n Goes
Back to top Go down
ACESR4ME

Poker Points : 8

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:32 pm

I play in many MTT and do alright play tight agressive in the begining then change gears in the mid and play very aggressive at the final it seems to work playing against loose players sucks some times they always seem to catch the river when chasing it never fails but overall playing tight aggressive will get you deep in the MTT's and playing more aggressive against the smaller stacks they are always playing mediorcure hands anyway thanks ACES
Back to top Go down
twinkyninja

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:04 pm

smaller stakes sit and go, you have to play donkey killer for the first 30 minutes, or be tight and extremely agressive. some people have no respect for small buy in.

I have broken too many mouses playing small stakes sng's. So when I play then now, donkeys hide, I will play the odds/statistics and position.

I personally like to play larger stakes in sng's 200-500 buy ins.
Back to top Go down
enzolito

Poker Points : 7

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:40 am

Till near the bubble or on short handed tables ...see the flop if you can get in cheap...and avoid drawing hands like the plague...
Do not try to be clever especially in the earlier levels as most players will not realise or try to comprehend your play
Back to top Go down
fermented3

fermented3

Poker Points : 281

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 6:07 pm

yeppers i like to steal blinds as play gets super tight until the bubble is bursted- heads up for me i seem to play the player rather then the cards but as with most poker players i often change things up which to me is absoluty nesscarary----good luck at the tables all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MTT Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTT Strategy   MTT Strategy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MTT Strategy
Page 1 of 1