Go Back To The Main SiteHomeCalendarChat RoomFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Carbon Poker Bonus

100% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $600
  Plus  Private  Freerolls.

Poker Host Bonus

PokerHost Bonus

150% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $750

your  bonus  now.

FeltStars Bonus

150% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $750

to get your bonus now.

Cake Poker Bonus

110% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $600

Poker Stars Bonus

100% Deposit  Match Bonus worth up to $600 Plus Private Freerolls.

Sign  up  HERE and use marketing code psp7294 and bonus code stars600 to get your bonus now.

Bodog Poker Bonus

Bodog Poker Bonus

110% Deposit Match Bonus of up to $1,100 Plus  Private  Freerolls.

to get your bonus.

Red Star Poker Bonus

110% deposit match bonus of up to $600 plus OnlinePokerAds Freerolls.

888 Poker
888 Poker Logo

Canadian players can play online poker with 888poker and win BIG.

Also, everyone gets $8 Free just for signing up with 888 Poker.

Share | 

Varience in turbo tournaments

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jason

Poker Points : 6

PostSubject: Varience in turbo tournaments   Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:38 pm

I like turbos purely because of the speed you can finish a tournament in but i'm wondering if you are a decent tournament player are you best sticking to non-turbo tournaments as the variance is lower? You obviously have more time to select which hands to play so its less of a lottery. Just wondering what i should grind out multi tabling because i can play a ton of non turbo games and there seems to be a lot more to choose from at micro limits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
So Cals Finest

Poker Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Varience in turbo tournaments   Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Yes, there is more variance in turbo MTTs because of the rate that blinds increase. The faster the blinds increase, the faster stacks decrease. When this happens, you lose plays like effective 3-betting, set mining, etc, and you're put into situations where you have to get your chips in the middle and hope for the best

Turbo MTTs are good if you multi-table them, have a decent understanding of MTTs and know how to make the right adjustments. The best way to reduce variance is to get more volume in. A good thing about turbos is that they finish a lot faster, so your $/hour is much higher than a normal MTT.

Now, if you're a new player or don't have the bankroll to or can't multi-table turbo MTTs, then you're better off sticking with normal MTTs. The lower blind speeds allow for more optimal plays and you can be more selective with hands and positions. The only downside is the can be very lengthy at times.

I guess the best option is to play whatever you're comfortable with and whatever you have better results in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OnlinePokerAds Admin
Admin

Poker Points : 2752

PostSubject: Re: Varience in turbo tournaments   Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:55 pm

It looks like your just looking for the most profitable game for yourself and I agree with So Cal, just play which ever tournament structure you feel comfortable with and are showing the best resuls for. If you are more comfortable playing turbos and are making a decent profit theres no reason to change what your doing.

Another thing you might think about is playing less tables at a higher stake "just to stay within your bankroll" because theres alot more standard tournaments at the higher stakes. I'm not sure but I think that the poker rooms might do this to get more rake out of players (e.g. If your only paying $.20 in rake the site probably wants to finish the tourney faster so they can run more tourney's.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onlinepokerads.net
twinkyninja

Poker Points : 250

PostSubject: Re: Varience in turbo tournaments   Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:58 pm

Turbos are very different, never forget stack management and % betting rules. If you dont you will bleed out or be forced to a play an inferiour hand and lose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Varience in turbo tournaments   

Back to top Go down

Varience in turbo tournaments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.Onlinepokerads.org :: Poker Strategy Talk :: MTT Strategy-
Jump to: