www.Onlinepokerads.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go Back To The Main SiteHomeLatest imagesChat RoomSearchRegisterLog in
Carbon Poker Bonus

100% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $600
  Plus  Private  Freerolls.

Poker Host Bonus

PokerHost Bonus

150% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $750

your  bonus  now.

FeltStars Bonus

150% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $750

to get your bonus now.

Cake Poker Bonus

110% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $600

Poker Stars Bonus

100% Deposit  Match Bonus worth up to $600 Plus Private Freerolls.

Sign  up  HERE and use marketing code psp7294 and bonus code stars600 to get your bonus now.

Bodog Poker Bonus

Bodog Poker Bonus

110% Deposit Match Bonus of up to $1,100 Plus  Private  Freerolls.

to get your bonus.

Red Star Poker Bonus

110% deposit match bonus of up to $600 plus OnlinePokerAds Freerolls.

888 Poker
888 Poker Logo

Canadian players can play online poker with 888poker and win BIG.

Also, everyone gets $8 Free just for signing up with 888 Poker.

When to sit out?

Go down 
+3
OnlinePokerAds Admin
Treenna
Booky
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Booky

Poker Points : 71

When to sit out? Empty
PostSubject: When to sit out?   When to sit out? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:32 am

I was playing another freeroll last night and got taken out about 15 from the bubble. It seems all too common lately for me to go out really close to the bubble when if I had just sat out I was pretty much guaranteed in the prize.

I have a huge problem with sitting out when I get close because I really enjoy the game. Am I the only one who has this problem? At what point do you guys sit out (if you do at all) until the bubble passes? I keep telling myself that next time I will sit out once I am for sure going to make it, but for some silly reason I always keep playing. Guess I am just frustrated that I don't have a tad more self control when it comes to this issue.
Back to top Go down
Treenna

Poker Points : 16

When to sit out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to sit out?   When to sit out? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:10 pm

For my personally, I hate when people sit out Sad
I understand people's reasoning for it.. but I like you, prefer to play it.

If I'm close to the bubble, I just play a really tight game to get me past it.
Obviously some of this will depend on your stack though.
If you're going to be blinded out before hand, you're gonna have to make a move.
If you're good on chips, just play tight.

My advice anyway. May not be the right advice, but it's what I do! heh
Back to top Go down
OnlinePokerAds Admin
Admin
OnlinePokerAds Admin

Poker Points : 2752

When to sit out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to sit out?   When to sit out? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:38 pm

I don't usually sit out myself, the bubble can be a good oppotunity to make some chips if your mid-big stacked.

Treenna said "like most players" to just play tight close to the bubble to make sure that you get in the money and if your about to be blinded out just shoot but theres a few different strategies you can use depending on stack size and your opponents play.

If I'm short stacked I'll obviously stay tight unless the blinds get to big in which case I'll push with just about any two cards.

If I'm mid-big stacked and the players at the table are all using the play tight strategy I'll use this opportunity to steal the blinds. If the blinds are big enough you can gain alot of chips around the bubble with this play which is really good if your mid-stacked but you've really just got to play it by ear depending on all the players at the table.

Just pay attention to your opponents play and adjust accordingly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlinepokerads.net
Booky

When to sit out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to sit out?   When to sit out? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Thanks for the advice. I guess I have just had some really bad luck as of late. I go into the last 5% or so before the bubble with more than enough chips, like top 10% chipstack, but follow some agressive players in and have been ending bad.

I suppose I just need to learn to play ultra conservative at this point?
Back to top Go down
BBigzo

BBigzo

Poker Points : 600

When to sit out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to sit out?   When to sit out? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:59 pm

i have the same problem but most of the the time i think i get sleepy and make the wrong plays but thanks for the great advice also
Back to top Go down
DEMON_MK

DEMON_MK

Poker Points : 115

When to sit out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to sit out?   When to sit out? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:06 pm

well my advice to u is dont think about how many players are left just try to build your chip count thats all that u need Very Happy play your game not the game from others raise when u want or be raised when u make a trap Razz u ll find out the right way how to play u ll see Smile good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Booky

When to sit out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to sit out?   When to sit out? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Yes, except I trap myseflt more often than not lol
Back to top Go down
BBigzo

BBigzo

Poker Points : 600

When to sit out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to sit out?   When to sit out? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:29 pm

ouch lol!!!
Back to top Go down
twinkyninja

Poker Points : 250

When to sit out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to sit out?   When to sit out? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:56 pm

I dont think anyone should sit out. We are there to play cards, not sit and watch.

It can be hard when the blinds and antes increase and all of a sudden your 100 stack is realistically a few antes and 8 bb's.

But you know, you really must have heart to play a tourney. You cant sit out in a live one and hope to win, the object is to take the chips.

Position/Patience and remember all the people this close to cash are players not donkeys.

I know myself in a tourney online, if i think you want to sit out or are scared, I will pick on you every chance I get.

Not a fan of Sitting out.

Steve
Back to top Go down
twinkyninja

Poker Points : 250

When to sit out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to sit out?   When to sit out? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:03 pm

For Treena-

In live and online tourneys I wont blind out. There comes a time in my game around 14-20 BB's that I wont call, I will push EVERYTIME.

You have to realize others players feel the same as you. If you try and push with 6-10 bb's people like me will call you. I am far more reluctant to call you with 14-20 BB's. Cards is also luck, knowing the players and changing gears when people dont expect it. When someone believes they have 2 live cards they may choose to race against a small stack.

Stack management.

Try it in a freeroll and you will see what I mean. You will pick up a lot of blinds and antes and quickly build a stack from position.

Make sure you are on the button or its very close to your left and stay tight in other areas.

NEVER let your stack get below 8BB's NEVER.

I understand bubble is pressure. But find your heart and give them hell girl. Patience and Position!

Steve
Back to top Go down
DEMON_MK

DEMON_MK

Poker Points : 115

When to sit out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to sit out?   When to sit out? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:25 pm

ty steve ( nice topic ) this realy helps on how to play Smile GJ
Back to top Go down
enzolito

Poker Points : 7

When to sit out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to sit out?   When to sit out? Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:15 pm

Do not sit out ...but ....play fewer hands,eg.only premium ones.
Personally I tend to be more aggressive or loose near the button.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When to sit out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to sit out?   When to sit out? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When to sit out?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.Onlinepokerads.org :: Poker Strategy Talk :: MTT Strategy-
Jump to: