www.Onlinepokerads.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go Back To The Main SiteHomeLatest imagesChat RoomSearchRegisterLog in
Carbon Poker Bonus

100% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $600
  Plus  Private  Freerolls.

Poker Host Bonus

PokerHost Bonus

150% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $750

your  bonus  now.

FeltStars Bonus

150% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $750

to get your bonus now.

Cake Poker Bonus

110% Deposit Match   Bonus  of  up  to $600

Poker Stars Bonus

100% Deposit  Match Bonus worth up to $600 Plus Private Freerolls.

Sign  up  HERE and use marketing code psp7294 and bonus code stars600 to get your bonus now.

Bodog Poker Bonus

Bodog Poker Bonus

110% Deposit Match Bonus of up to $1,100 Plus  Private  Freerolls.

to get your bonus.

Red Star Poker Bonus

110% deposit match bonus of up to $600 plus OnlinePokerAds Freerolls.

888 Poker
888 Poker Logo

Canadian players can play online poker with 888poker and win BIG.

Also, everyone gets $8 Free just for signing up with 888 Poker.

FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BBigzo

BBigzo

Poker Points : 600

FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson Empty
PostSubject: FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson   FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:42 pm

If a recent report in the Financial Times is any indication, online poker room Full Tilt Poker could be in major legal trouble before 2010 is over. According to the article, a federal grand jury in Manhattan is investigating the company and some of the big names affiliated with the site. The Times names both Chris Ferguson andHoward Lederer as potential targets of the investigation. The two are believed to hold a “controlling interest” in Full Tilt Poker and, as US residents, they may be charged with breaking US anti-gambling laws. Though Lederer and Ferguson both reside in the US, Full Tilt is registered in Alderney, which is part of the UK’s Channel Islands.

In addition to investigating potential violations of gaming laws within the States, the inquiry is also looking into accusations of money laundering by the company. The Times elaborated on the nature of the investigation:

“FBI agents or prosecutors have spoken to at least two people involved in disputes with Full Tilt, paying special attention to the possibility of money-laundering violations, those familiar with the inquiry say. Money-laundering charges might be attractive to the government as they would compel co-operation from authorities even in countries where gambling is legal.”

The move is seen by many to be in anticipation of the June 1st enforcement deadline of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA). The act had previously been delayed six months, but there appears to be no future delays for the legislation. This move is being seen by many within the online gambling industry as an attempt by the Justice Department to make an example out of one of the biggest sites currently serving US customers once the UIGEA goes into effect.

The article failed to name any of the individuals the FBI spoke to in connection to the case and Eric Jackson, a civil attorney who represents Full Tilt, declined commenting on the matter. “We are not going to comment about a speculative grand jury investigation that we are not aware of,” Jackson told the publication. Representatives from the US Attorney’s Office also declined to comment on the matter.

Bluff will continue to keep tabs on this story as it develops.FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson Howard11
Back to top Go down
fermented3

fermented3

Poker Points : 281

PostSubject: Re: FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson   FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:07 pm

wow money laudering no good at all.. chris and howard hopefully arent getting to greedy as for the june 1st deadline i see it as government abusing its control. i think its total B.S. that soon we wont be able to make adeposit with a credit card. its the only way ive ever made a deposit.. so im wondering if i should invest a cpl hunred into tilt and stars? some of my friends tell me to try another method either way who has the right to tell me how and where and when and with whoom i use my credit card should be my buisness only--- i hate controling governments- im a proud usa citizen but this is to much....
Back to top Go down
BBigzo

BBigzo

PostSubject: Re: FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson   FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:07 pm

yeah i hate it so much my self. i make my money not them so if i love to spend my money playing poker why the f.@ck cant i. I just hate this crap man!!!!!! but yes im also an proud American citizen to i love my country but damn.
Back to top Go down
fermented3

fermented3

PostSubject: Re: FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson   FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:12 pm

couldnt agree more bbigzo very well put. its great to see how active you have been here its really helped this site so i want to say thank you
Back to top Go down
Booky

Poker Points : 71

PostSubject: Re: FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson   FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:18 pm

You and I can't spend our money (I say our even though I have never made a deposit, only won freerolls) in online gambling because there are stupid people that can't control themselves and lose everything they got.

I love America, but I am getting tired of the stupid people ruining everything. Shouldn't the power be with the smart people? It seems you got to be retarded to get changes put in motion.
Back to top Go down
Treenna

Poker Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson   FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:57 pm

I've had this issue for a while now. But it wasn't the government who put a stop to buying in with your credit card. It's the credit card companies themselves.
I agree with you all, it's our money, we should have a say how we spend it.
So long as we are paying our bills, etc. For those with a gambling addiction who don't pay their bill, then the credit card companies should just cancel their cards.
Always the way though isn't it? The mass pay for the actions of a few.
Back to top Go down
BBigzo

BBigzo

PostSubject: Re: FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson   FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:47 pm

I KNOW ABOUT THE CREDIT CARDS THING IT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A MIN YOU CAN'T BUY LOTTO TICKET WITH THE CREDIT CARDS IN MY AREA WTF LOL LOTTO TICKETS COME ON.
Back to top Go down
fermented3

fermented3

PostSubject: Re: FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson   FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:45 am

yep.....it is what it is like it or NOT!!!!!lol
Back to top Go down
Vinny

Vinny

Poker Points : 27

PostSubject: Re: FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson   FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:34 am

The Federal Reserve is a private corporation. Therefore, the same forces that control it, control just about everything else, ex: pharmaceutics, insurance, banks, government positions, FBI, CIA etc...

The wizard(s) behind the curtain are to entrenched now to be able to do anything to change the direction were heading towards.

I'll stop this here because, i don't feel like getting into topics such as why are the millions of plastic coffins, stored and ready for use around the US.

People, i'm not even american and the above gives me the willies.
Back to top Go down
Booky

Poker Points : 71

PostSubject: Re: FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson   FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:06 pm

I want paper, no plastic for e it smells funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson   FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FBI Investigates Full Tilt– Centers Around Lederer and Ferguson
Page 1 of 1